Choosing a Consultant
If the consultancy is going to be very short it is unlikely that a Consultant will be prepared to attend an interview. However, if it is going to be a longer term relationship you should arrange to meet with the Consultant before making a financial decision.
We may produce a proposal that doesn’t meet your time scale or budget, but we are always willing to negotiate.
In selecting a Consultant you should be confident that you have the best person/people for the job. You must be confident that you can have a successful working partnership.
There are a number of questions you should ask the Consultant, these could include:
- What similar work have you done before?
- What experience and skills do you have?
- What are your fees and do you charge VAT?
- Are there likely to be any additional costs involved?
- Do you charge for an initial consultation?
- Are you available on the dates required?
- Can you provide references?
- Why are you interested in doing this work?
It is important that the Consultant is interested in the project and should ask questions about the organisation and the brief.